The City of West Plains is a vibrant, dynamic and prosperous place to live, work and raise a family. Nestled in the “Heart of the Ozarks”, West Plains/Howell County is a Work Ready Community that offers great opportunity to the citizens and business community.
West Plains is in an area known for its agricultural surroundings and its backdrop to the hills of the Ozarks, it offers year-around recreation and leisure opportunities. An energetic workforce, excellent schools, very low crime, great weather, wonderful air quality and abundant resources are just a few of the many reasons businesses come to our City.
Please contact me directly if I may be of assistance in any way. We look forward to partnering with you to make our community an even better place to live and do business.
The mission of the City of West Plains Economic Development Department is to advocate and promote economic growth throughout the community by stimulating, influencing, and facilitating new public and private investment, helping to create a strong, vibrant city in which to live and work.
The role of the City of West Plains Economic Development is to create awareness of the business opportunities and resources that are available to companies and business executives. As a part of that role, it is our commitment to see that interested companies and executives have a central location to gather pertinent, up-to-date information on our economy.
Specifically, the Economic Development Department is responsible for:
- Retention, expansion, and /or relocation of existing businesses within the City of West Plains.
- Marketing the City of West Plains to targeted industries, businesses, and commercial retail users.
- To encourage commercial/industrial development by offering facilities and site location assistance.
- To leverage federal, state, and local funding for private investment in targeted projects and infrastructure improvement.
- Promotion, marketing and facilitations of indentified key development opportunities within the City.
- Coordination with appropriate City of West Plains departments to facilitate development projects.
- Develop strong education opportunities.
- Promote and encourage strong legislative relations.
Affordable, DEDICATED high-speed fiber broadband Internet up to 1 gb is now available in West Plains!
Monthly rates for dedicated, business-class high-speed fiber are $325 for 25 Mb up/down, $375 for 50 Mb up/down, and $450 for 100 Mb up/down. Contact Allen Brinkman (417-256-7176) for information on how your business can have access to City of West Plains business class Internet.
The City of West Plains Economic Development Department works on a free and confidential basis with domestic and foreign companies planning to establish new facilities, relocate existing facilities or expand current facilities. The City also assists existing businesses and industries in the area with any business related issues.
We offer a wide range of site selection services and development services, such as:
- Land assemblage
- Site development
- Structure financing
- Help in facilitating the permitting process
We are also capable of generating customized and detailed real estate reports that identify sites in the community that meet the criteria of a company’s relocation or expansion needs.