The City of West Plains and City of West Plains Utilities have submitted its amended 2020 fiscal year operations budget and capital improvements plan, which will be voted on by City Council during its regular meeting November 18.
The budget can be found on the City’s website at www.westplains.net/government/. A special council work session will be held at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 13 at City Hall to review the submitted budget. Before the work session begins, the City will allow for public comments regarding the budget amendment.
Overall, City operations is budgeted to end the 2020 fiscal year with revenues over expenditures of $305,850. Plans call for those funds to be applied following the results of the comprehensive salary study, which is currently underway.
The capital improvements plan is forecasted out through March 31, 2023, when the capital improvements sales tax expires. With the City’s capital improvements strategic plan, the City has planned for the following:
- $450,000 is budgeted for pool and pump house renovations, which are currently underway.
- $202,366 is budgeted for removal of the Butler House in Children’s Park for an all-inclusive park and the construction of a splash pad.
- $25,000 is budgeted for golf course equipment, including two new gang mowers.
- $70,000 is budgeted for Phase 1 of the City’s plan to refresh the Civic Center.
- $80,000 is budgeted for People’s Park renovations.
- $35,000 is budgeted for park renovations at other parks around the City.