REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES
City of West Plains Is soliciting proposals from qualified companies to design, provide and install commercial grade playground equipment for a Splash Pad and All-Inclusive Playground at the Butler Children’s Park. Information provided to the City of West Plains must include:
1) The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm with respect to Splash Pads and All-Inclusive Playgrounds;
2) The capacity and capability of the firm to start the work in question, including specialized services, within a period of 4 weeks;
3) The past record of performance of the firm with respect to such factors as control of costs, quality of work, and ability to meet schedules;
4) References from previous clients of related work with the firm within the past five years; and
5) Documentation of compliance with E-Verify requirements.
A detailed scope of services will be developed as part of contract negotiations. In addition to normal design and evaluation responsibilities, the consultant will be responsible for attending and supporting various meetings with City public works officials.
The firm will be selected based on the above qualifications. The familiarity of the city’s Butler Children’s Park, the ability to begin work immediately and have a Splash Pad designed and installed by May 13, 2020, shall receive primary consideration.
Once the most qualified firm is selected, a cost for design will be negotiated separately from the cost for equipment and installation. Contracting for these two activities shall occur separately and costs/payments associated with each will be clearly defined.
The above information should be submitted no later than March 18, 2020, 2:00 p.m., City of West Plains, 1910 Holiday Lane, West Plains, MO 65775. For more information contact Mike Davis at 417-256-7304. Please submit 3 copies
The City of West Plains is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and invites the submission of proposals from minority and women-owned firms.