Special Event Permits Required for Outdoor Events On or Near Public Property

The City of West Plains would like to remind event organizers that Special Event Permits are required for any outdoor events in or near public property, particularly those that require the use of City personnel or the closing of streets or parking lots.

Permit applications can be found online at westplains.net under “Special Permit Applications” in the Services/Departments tab. Applications can also be picked up at West Plains City Hall, 1910 Holiday Lane.

The Special Event Permits are now free of charge, with West Plains City Council approving the elimination of a $100 permit fee on March 25. However, event organizers are now responsible for staff overtime charges up to $500 if City personnel, such as police officers or firefighters, are needed for the event. Street department personnel could also be needed for events that require cones or barricades. Those costs were previously incurred by the City, which is unable to continue that practice due to the rising number of events and demands for City personnel.

Special Event Permits are not required for events in the West Plains Civic Center or on Civic Center grounds.

Comments are closed