WP Tourism Department Announces Community Grant Program Recipients
The City of West Plains Tourism Department is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2020 Community Grant Program, with 11 projects totaling $110,098 approved by the West Plains City Council June 3.
The Program was developed to help fund tourism and economic development-related projects that significantly impact the community. Funds used were generated from the increase in the hotel/motel tax in the Spring, 2019. Applications were scored based on project characteristics, organizational capacity, budget, and project benefits and specifics.
Projects were then recommended to the Tourism Advisory Board, who voted to send the projects to City Council for final approval.
This year’s funded projects and the awarded amounts are as follows:
- NJCAA Women’s Volleyball Tournament – $20,000
- OzCon (Ozarks Gaming Commission) – $20,000
- Making Waves Invitational Swim Meet – $13,000
- Galloway Creek Nature Park Playscapes – $12,848
- Ozarks Deep Art and Culture Trail – $10,750
- Heart of the Ozarks Half Marathon – $10,000
- Total Town Makeover: Making It Happen Here – $7,500
- Ozarktoberfest – $7,000
- Ozarks Howler Triathlon – $6,000
- West Plains Home & Garden Show – $1,500
- Christos House Chocolate Festival – $1,500